Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My car vs. Biscuit.

6 a.m. is coming soon. I'm flying back to San Jose in the morning, and am definitely excited about it. I've tried to study Spanish over the break, but fell extremely short of my own expectations. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in Anonos, seeing my "family" and having Biscuit in my life again - love her.

Before we left to go to N.C. for the holidays, Rodney told Becca and I that we would be looking at the last stint of our journey here when we returned, and it was a surprise to realize that my time at Harvest Hands is half-way over. I'm not ready for it to be finished, so I'm so thankful to be returning. I wasn't sure if the break would cause me to miss home, family and friends more, but although it was a blessing to see people who are close to me, I'm ready to get back to Costa Rica.

When we get back, there is another team coming on Sunday - a team that will be building a house in Jasmin. I look forward to helping with this endeavor, getting back into tutoring and speaking Spanish once again.

Reflecting on my time home, I will say that I am going to miss:
* Driving
* Using my cell phone
* Seeing clean streets
* Appearing like an intelligent person when I speak to strangers
* Seeing non-action movies
* Throwing the toilet paper in the toilet

However, I will love the following when I'm in CR:
* NOT using my cell phone (love/hate relationship)
* Early mornings
* Biscuit
* Biscuit
* Biscuit
* Feeling stretched
* Wearing flip flops and tank tops
* Sunsets over Anonos

And with that, I leave you to eat my last meal with my family until I return...thank you to everyone for their support and prayers - I could not be where I am without you.

No comments: