Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Promises.

This morning, like every morning for the past couple of weeks, my mind was going at 10 million miles an hour thinking about things I have no control over. The things I have been dwelling on lately pertain to the future. As some of you know, it was my desire to stay longer than May 1 and go to a language school for two or three months. This is no longer an option because my plane ticket couldn't be changed for under $578. Hah - definitely not going to pay that.

So my new thought is to come home for the summer and then go back to C.R. or another Central American country for three months. I find myself a little distracted, constantly looking online for summer jobs and researching language schools to go to. While it's good to plan, I want to be present. I want to have a strong finish here at Harvest Hands. It is my prayer that I will leave my questions and fears in God's hands and that I will still be expectant, waiting for Him to do miracles, open doors and use me in Los Anonos for another six weeks.

This morning I was encouraged by Psalm 48:14 - 14 For this God is our God for ever and ever;
he will be our guide even to the end.

Even though our communities and responsibilities might change, He doesn't. Pray that I will remember that He guides us, allowing me to focus on the present.

1 comment:

Holli said...

An amen to your prayer, Joy! God is good.