Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello Twenty Ten!

Here it is ya'll. A new decade. Twenty freakin Ten. Or as I am still saying...two thousand ten. But I have been informed that that is poor grammar. Or that I'm poor. Or something along those lines. As I type my first blog of the first decade I am excruciatingly aware of many things in my life. I still have not found a car - I don't really have a job - don't really have a plan. But let's not be negative! Here is a small reflection from my journal. I always like to list things I've accomplished in the previous year and my hopes for the year ahead so...

Excerpt from my REAL journal slash it's a little edited:

1. Completed mission work in Los Anonos with amazing experiences and thankfulness.
2. Found part-time summer jobs successfully while fulfilling my dream of working in a coffee shop.
3. Went to language school for three months; made and maintained relationships with people who don't speak English.
4. Learned how to salsa.
5. Improved Spanish skills.
6. Had my 3 year anniversary of no smoking.
7. Became a vegetarian.


Other things of note...I grew strong in my faith only to then go backward which generated a lot of unanswered questions. I discovered my passions in life. I totaled my car. I tried surfing. I met the Caribbean Ocean and went to Nicaragua via chicken buses with two of my Best Friends in the world. I started playing volleyball again. I talked to my dad, albeit briefly, about politics. (Or really we discussed how we don't discuss politics).

As the new decade begins, I am at a crossroads in my life and am trying to seek the Lord for answers. Hello 2010 - I am ready for you.








No comments: