Sunday, February 26, 2012

Self control vs. Motivation vs. I don't care

I love wine. I'm a firm believer in drinking a glass of wine at night. Preferably a dry red wine. And when I go out I'm a firm believer in having an IPA or two with my friends. Alcohol, coffee, food...they are all substances that bring people together. I usually like to call a friend and "get a drink" because it's cheaper than dinner. I will inevitably have a drink with dinner so...getting a drink works just fine.

Sometimes I'm afraid to calculate how much money I spend in alcohol but it's time to get real real here. I'm trying to go on vacation and that means I need to save some dinero, plata or colones. (I chose Spanish words because I want to go to COSTA RICA on my vacay.)

Here's a snapshot of how much money I could save for my trip:

Week 2 of February 2012

Tobacco Road $11.37 (Happy Hour = glass of wine + app)
Whole Foods $8.90 (burrito + single beer)
City Bev $17.09 (beer + nachos ((best nachos ever))
Roxy $7.00 (one drink!)
James Joyce $10.00 (two beers)
Cosmic Cantina $8.70 (negra modelo+ quesadilla + Worst Date Ever 2012)
Nantucket $10.71 (salad I could have made at my house)

Maybe that's two week's worth of going out. Or maybe I went out more and I'm lying to my public. Needless to say, I could save a lot if I figured out what's important. In the past I have said that I value experiences over things and while I still do, I want to trade the common experience for a better one, in Central America so...my new goal is to get a jar and put the money I would have used for booze INTO THE JAR and then I will be RICH! I will trade this:



for an Imperial Lite on the beach (and don't think that my roommate in this picture will feel left out because she'll be on the beach too). So...unless you are a boy who wants to take me on a date and buy me drinks, let's go for a walk or come over for some chips and salsa and hang out! I will take a pic of the jar with all the $$ I've saved. If you never see that post you will know that I decided "I don't care" and I will just eat rice and beans forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your article it was a joy... How about I tag along to the Costa Rica trip for some surfing! You can use a guide! get it? hahahahahaa